My late summer/autumn photo project

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
rt22306
Senior MemberPosts: 1,803Gear list
Like?
My plan (subject to change..)
In reply to Zindanfel, Jul 29, 2012

It's a bit wordy, but I plan to attack it by hitting one section of the city at a time. I believe there are about 80 such memorials. Yesterday, I found a couple that were not listed on a website used for guidance while walking. I'll try to not have many cars in the images, but indeed catching cars whizzing by would add to the story; are we not missing the memorials in our daily hurry-scurry? The image in the first post is a fine example; most of the folks in cars can't see it due to trees and the pattern (it's towards the far end of one spoke in the traffic circle).

I'd planned to use a short zoom (either a 35-70, or 28-80 or similar) or a 50mm prime, and keep the kit light but yesterday was confronted with one memorial with no

access to it. The 80-200mm was needed and I didn't have it. I've two rangefinders that hopefully will be used as well. Film; mostly Tri-X or HP-4 will be used but I had 3 rolls of ASA 100 handy and it was very sunny so I used that yesterday. During the summer, I'll be shooting mostly during mid-day but later may get to add some early morning and dusk shots. Lighting yesterday was a bit too strong, so I'm anxious to see what I got. I'll need to wait and see if results are good before checking that section off, and moving to another. The sky was mostly cloudless much of the day also, so that may drive a re-shoot.

Thanks for jogging my mind, Zin. I had all this in mind, but had not put it down on paper until now.
--
The Last of the Yashicans.

rt22306's gear list:rt22306's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K10D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow