ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
genghishahn
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Please help with Canon FD adapter!
Jul 29, 2012

Hi all,

So I just got my grubby hands on a Vivitar Series 1 105 Macro, and I was super excited to test it out today, but I've run into a bit of a snag. The lens is in Canon FD mount, and I'm using a Fotodiox adapter. The problem, as I see it, is that the locking ring is not closing all the way. As a result I can't stop the lens down past f/8 or so.

Without the adapter attached, I found the pin that releases the locking ring. If I depress that pin, the locking ring turns about 90 degrees on its own, and the lens can be stopped down all the way to f/32.

With the adapter attached and engaging the pin, the locking ring will turn about 20 degrees on its own, and will get to about 30 degrees if I help it along, but no further. I think it's binding somewhere...

Based on how it's behaving when I depress the pin that releases the locking ring manually, I feel like it SHOULD turn its full 90 degrees and lock on its own when I connect the adapter. Am I incorrect about that?

My thinking is that the machining tolerances on the adapter are off, but it's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong.

Any thoughts or suggestions that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scott

genghishahn's gear list:genghishahn's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow