RX100 or Fuji X10?

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
danaceb
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 or Fuji X10?
In reply to Davidgilmour, Jul 29, 2012

I own both, my father is likely to get my X10 and I will keep the RX100 nomatter what. However it is NOT the one sided battle some as would tell you.

1) Even though its video is worthlessly jittery, the X10's OSS seems to work better. I hold like a statue to take shots with my RX100. Also being able to use a camera at the tele end without concern for slow aperture is advantageous.

2) People deride the EXR mode, but it really does work well, even shrunk to 6MP at ISO 1600 the Fuji seems brighter, in darker interiors such as museums the X10 is easier to get a clean shot in.

3) the OVF is not worthless and I prefer it over the on screen for making sure my shots are composed level, its bright clear and zooms. Even with the reduced coverage it does help if you actually try to get used to OVF composure.

That being said the RX100 is much smaller, in bright conditions ridiculously out resolves the X10 and its Autofocus is much more trustworthy. Also X10s are cheaper than chips and have long been used, I got mine in 2011(!) for well below retail used and had it replaced with a new one for the sensor swap.

X10

RX100

Needless to say the RX100 is the king of landscape, where as the X10 is more for getting the okay shake free shot in very difficult lighting where most cameras, including the RX100 would be pained to manage.

RX100

X10

You can still manage though with the RX100 if you really hold still and get luck though;

danaceb's gear list:danaceb's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Leica M9 Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow