A57 vs 7D IQ

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
hooch888
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: IPhoto?
In reply to katman68, Jul 29, 2012

What's wrong with you guys?? "Trolling, speculating..", really?

I merely trying to figure out why I need to keep my new 7D after spending $1.5K on a body which provides essentially same or worse IQ than "another brand" for half the price. Not to mention 7D AF is a hit or miss (though better than my 60D which gone now) where A57 seems rock solid in the same lightning conditions.

And my method of compare is merely shooting a framed painting in RAW and comparing results - what can be simpler and more efficient than that?

I am not a pro, and I hoped to listen to some more or less smart/educated advises and all I got - "you need better PP". I bet I can get somewhat better results with a $$$ software, but will it hide kinda obvious at this point fact that Canon has messed up his sensors and AF system big time? Looks like the answer is NO.
Sorry to bother you guys, I am done "trolling" and I am done with Canon.

katman68 wrote:

I've used Iphoto in the past w/both jpegs & RAW. To give an idea how "great" it works, I went to the trouble of re-editing most of the images in Photoshop Elements with much better results. In my experience, Iphoto is NOT a great editing pgm. I've not tried Aperture, but Apple makes that better pgm for a reason.

I'll stop short of calling your post trolling. But being you're trying to illicit response in a Canon forum by speculating another brand camera model gives better results (that's not really a 7D competitor), what exactly are you doing? It's been done to death. While you attempted a similar test setup w/both cameras, your method fails to clarify many variables that can skew things either way.
In other words, pointless...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow