Attention Tamron 24-70 VC owners

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
WildSammy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem #2: Aperture lever miscalibration
In reply to Horshack, Jul 29, 2012

I would send this lens back and get replacement. The fact that VC is not working properly and the aperture is crappy is enough for dealer.

Before you send the lens back try to check the aperture lever in your body if it's OK and the contacts too.

Well, but don't wait to long and get your replacement as soon as possible. This lens is out only for short time so you can expect some manufacturing flaws.

Horshack wrote:

WildSammy wrote:

Sorry, I don't have this lens so I can't comment on the VC function, but the 1 stop EV difference could be present because of the vignetting wide open. I observe similar behaviour with my Nikkor 85G/1.8. When I stop down for example to f/4 the image is brighter compared when the lens was wide open. So it can be feature and not an issue Let others comment on this I will be interested too

I measured the brightness in the center of the frame, plus the DOF comparison I performed confirms that the aperture isn't properly stopping down between f/2.8 -> f/4.0

-- hide signature --

S.

WildSammy's gear list:WildSammy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Apple Aperture +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow