Changing Lenses on the Fly - Help!!!

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: Changing Lenses on the Fly - Help!!!
In reply to Myer, Jul 28, 2012

I am not sure if you have arrived at a solution or are still considering options. Years ago I went to a belt system. There are some fancy and expensive systems, but I just use a heavy duty web belt and appropriate sized Lowepro lens cases. The Lowepro cases are pretty stiff and well padded. As I remember, I bought size 1 cases and that case will fit most of my smaller lenses: 15-85, 60 macro, 35/2, 10-22, and 55-250. My 100-400 came with its own case. I can carry several lenses at once and even hang my travel tripod from the belt. I can access and change any lens within a few seconds while standing and sometimes even walking into position.

Here is a quick summary of the important steps
Unzip new lens case
Push lens release button and slightly turn lens
Remove new lens from case
Remove rear cap and hold both lens and cap in right hand
Make sure the index mark is pointing up

(If you have problems holding both the cap and lens, you can put the cap into the empty lens case.)

Remove lens with left hand while right hand moves into position and attaches new lens
Cap and stow old lens into a lens case on the belt.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow