A57 vs 7D IQ

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
hooch888
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: A57 vs 7D IQ
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Jul 28, 2012

No offense but you need to grow up and/or get a life and stop looking for trolls etc.

If you have nothing to say on a topic just skip it - what can be easier than that?

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

And here I thought you were looking to troll since this is a pointless thread on a subject that is at best extremely argumentative. You can compare shots taken in a proper setup here http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sonyslta57/7 . I don't see the Sony being hands down a better image.

Even if it were then so what? It's well documented that the Sony 16mp Exmor sensor is a great piece of tech, especially at low ISO. It's newer technology, it's got better dynamic range, such is life in the fast paced world of technology. Of course there are many other aspects of the camera to compare than still images taken on a tripod, but whatever floats your boat.

Your examples are by far more of an indictment on your post processing (or lack there of) than of the image quality of the cameras. I don't see anything different between the images that couldn't be resolved via simple adjustments in Photoshop.

Please help me understand the point of your posting. I can certainly take a picture with a compact camera that shows better contrast/sharpness than a poorly processed or unprocessed 7D raw file, overly saturated punchy colors and high contract are the marks of a consumer point and shoot processing pipeline.

Yes, I'm getting a bit frustrated by the lack of meaningful discussion on the 7D forum. It would be a breath of fresh air if something other than the chest pounding and hardware bashing of a proud 5 year old mindset would show up here now and again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow