Craigslist Ad of the Day - 7/28/12

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daro31
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Re: Craigslist Ad of the Day - 7/28/12
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Jul 28, 2012

I kind of understand the advertiser, thinking of his art first and money second. I once ran into a band and the singer was so photogenic I asked if I could do her portrait. Money was not even an issue I just wanted to create some art. Eventually we both progressed, and I did some photogrpahs of her that she loved and in fact did a CD cover that was nominated for a JUNO award. We always had a deal, don't ever tell anyone what our financial arrangement is. She had other freinds in the music business who like my work and paid me very well, but for her it was always about the art, money would have messed it up. I think his big mistake mistake is charging anything, I used to tell some of my music freinds it is either free, or you can't afford me. Of course we always worked out something. I would say if you are looking to be creative pick your subjects and work together, if the outcome is positive there will be someone who is willing to pay.

Daro31's gear list:Daro31's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow