ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Evans
Regular MemberPosts: 474Gear list
Like?
My D300s can't compete, what do I do?
Jul 28, 2012

Hi guys,

I'm seriously in need of a new camera and there is no sign of the D400! My D300s is great but it doesn't produce an image big enough to enter some major competitions with my photos!

To top it off I have two major trips to the states in the next 6 months and would ideally like to replace her by then.

I contacted Nikon and got this response....

I am afraid that Nikon cannot make any specific comment about future products or their updates, including any plans for official announcements or their specifications. When the D300s replacement camera will be available, appropriate information will be published on our European websites home page. Also, it will be sent to all Nikon Newsletter subscribers.

I am wondering whether a D800 or D4 would suit me but I am concerned over my lenses and wasting money on pixels I can't use.... aviation photography, especially at airshows can happen in the 600mm+ region and the 1.5x crop is very very handy for these situations. Buying an FX camera, I would just be cropping all the time!

My lens lineup is as follows, if push come to shove, would they be compatible with FX?
Nikkor 70-300mm VR AF-S
Nikkor 18-70mm DX
Sigma 50-500mm OS DG

Ta

Andy

Andy Evans's gear list:Andy Evans's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow