The answer to birds in flight with the Oly EM5

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
JaFO
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: predators
In reply to Ron Co, Jul 28, 2012

Ron Co wrote:

And that is the trick , keeping the subject in frame let alone centred , when shooting say sea birds with fairly predictable paths I find I get good results but the predators (kestrel , kite , falcon) can really make life difficult with their unpredictable (for me) flight paths often leaving me hunting a vast open sky

At the bird show were I was few weeks ago they were showing the predators the people demonstrating rarely knew when or where the bird would attack the bait.

So the only realistic option was to focus on that bait and have quite a bit of luck.

I do wonder if a different lens (this was the 12-50 kit lens) and/or better settings (IIRC I had it in 'sports scene' ) would have helped.

It must be very difficult to catch them in the wild, unless they're praying (sp?) like some do while they're hunting for prey.

-- hide signature --

-- Hardware will break / Software is broken --

JaFO's gear list:JaFO's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow