Captain Red Beard
Regular MemberPosts: 170
Like?
Re: Old glass contents
In reply to ProfHankD, Jul 28, 2012

ProfHankD wrote:

Timothy S Broadley wrote:

Bourbon...they make bourbon in KY?

From around Bourbon County, Kentucky. Ironically, much of it is made in dry counties.

Now if you are talking Tn Sour Mash.....that's bourbon

The stuff from Tennessee is bourbon, but it's legally called "Tennessee whiskey". Wikipedia quotes that "97% of all bourbon is distilled and aged somewhere near Bardstown, Kentucky". The Kentucky bourbon trail distilleries are Four Roses, Heaven Hill, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey, and Woodford Reserve. I'm not much of a bourbon drinker, but I can say that at least Woodford Reserve really is pretty special stuff, and the distillery is a great place to visit.

God knows I have sufficent investment in TN boubon:-)

Clearly, you need to try the good stuff from Kentucky.

While you're at it, need any race horses? Kentucky's real good at making them too.

Another thumbs up for the EVF. It rules!! (though i still use the screen for some candid/street photography).

Also, another thumbs up for Woodford Reserve. I've tried quite a few different bourbon/sour mash whiskys, and personally speaking, Woodford Reserve is streets ahead: Wonderful stuff.

-- hide signature --

Wide angled and legless...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow