E-7 news

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Haider
Contributing MemberPosts: 974
Like?
Re: E-7 news
In reply to Rocko Wallaby, Jul 28, 2012

First thing I look at is lens. Affordability and performance. 14-54mm f2.8 is my main lens. Good coverage, good IQ and f2.8. I would have gone for the 14-35mm f2 but cost too much. Think I will at somepoint add a Pana/Leica 25mm f1.4 as I have see some on Ebay around the £400 mark. Limited resouces so I have target the cash on where I use it would like to get more in landscape so would like to add 11-22mm. I don't think Oly want to reinvent the wheel again and build the HG/SHG glass for m4/3rds. No point to can you imagine the f2 zooms even trimmed down on an EM-5. Even on a E-620 the f2 zooms feel a bit on the big side. On an OM-D forget it, the 12-50 f3.5 is long enough, the Pany f2.8 is right fattie. Imagine having the length and fat combined to give you 12-50 f2.8. The mind boggles. No point. Might as well take the guts of the pro-level OM-D and stick a mirror and OVF and package it in an E5 body. Sell enough of the bodies and lens to make a profit. Zuikos HG/SHG zooms best glass in the world. Just need decent body with the performance of the EM-5 - DR, noise, IS etc...Oly are half way there. Volume seller is gonna PEN/OM-D low end. E-x and OM-D pro won't be the volume sellers. That why the focus is on the PEN and EM-5 pro-am.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow