EOS-M - enough to dump the camcorder?

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
mstecker
Contributing MemberPosts: 562
Like?
Re: EOS-M - enough to dump the camcorder?
In reply to Alexmakespictures, Jul 27, 2012

I am not familiar with the Canon EOS-M, but do use the Panasonic "travel zoom" DMC-ZS7 (refurbished $240) and highly recommend it especially for video. See:

and
http://mstecker.com/pages/panZS7.htm

This is one great camera, especially for video (HD720). It auto-focuses and auto-exposes quickly with great accuracy and speed. It is also small with a long zoom of 25-300 mm (35mm equiv.). It is much better for video than my DSLR, Canon G and S cameras and old Sony camcorder. Plus you do not have all the aggravation of interchangeable lenses.

Mike

Alexmakespictures wrote:

Hi,

I currently own a Canon T2i and a Canon HF200 AVCHD camcorder. I hate carrying both with a vengeance, so much that my de-facto camcorder is my iPhone and the HF200 only comes out for rare dedicated video occasions.

From the info available on the EOS-M camera, and with the experience what the T4i can do, is this finally the camera to rule them all for reasonable consumer use? I found video on my T2i virtually unuseable because of the limited AF capabilities. I'm not a video geek, i only use zoom and start/stop recording on my camcorder. On an EOS camera I would probably take advantage of shallow DOF aperture and other fun things as well.
Where do you expect the EOS-M to be inferior to a consumer camcorder?

Thanks,
Alex

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow