Sony RX100 Is What The G1X Should Have Been

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
steve ohlhaber
Regular MemberPosts: 391
Like?
canon g1x really lost me with the crap video mode
In reply to snapshot09, Jul 27, 2012

If canon had a 1080p 60fps video mode, I would buy one. Canon never has wanted to play the video game. They seem to creep up slowly on resolution and frame rate like a turtle in peanut butter. They need to just get to the top already. Take a page from the Sony book, having the option to shoot at 60fps is important to some people. PS cams are ideal for high frame rate because you are probably free handing a shot, so you really want the extra frames. You may not know until you own a cam that can do 60fps, and the results are just stunning.

I do think the canon will produce a better image just due to the larger sensor. The size of the g1x is small enough for me. I have had the g9 and it was fine at that size. I think the entire micro 4/3 movement is a joke. You cannot pocket that with any normal lens, so you may as well go buy a full size slr. Everyone I have seen with a nex has a massive lens on it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow