Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,844Gear list
Like?
"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"
Jul 27, 2012

I love a good film quote so first prize goes to the person who spots the film ;). Anyway, I digress. Not too long ago I heard the forlorn cry "where are the fast zooms on m4/3's ?" on occasions too numerous to count. So Panasonic release a very high quality constant F2.8 zoom which I now own. I can tell you that it is a very well made lens, it has the classic range of 24-70mm in 135 terms, it's a constant F2.8, it has very effective OIS, it's an excellent performer, it's weathersealed, it's small and light for what it offers, it's sharp at F2.8 and very consistent throughout it's range across the frame.

So now I hear "it's over-priced!". Really? I mean do you expect a lens like this to cost the same as a kit zoom or just a little more? Seriously?. Try and find a lens this good and this small anywhere else. Don't expect the price to plummet either, lenses like this are not cheap and never will be. Don't try to tell me the Zuiko 14-54mm is a better option, it isn't and it isn't as good, I've owned one and it was a very nice lens but the 12-35mm is better. So quit the whining, you got your fast zoom and no its not cheap, quality lenses rarely are, so I say again.....

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

Just saying ;).
--
Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow