Which ELPH series is best in low light?

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
MickTarheel
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: Which ELPH series is best in low light?
In reply to scorrpio, Jul 27, 2012

OHHHHH, I thought you had to use the touch screen to actually take the picture, I misread somewhere that the touch screen was basically the shutter button..now I will look more at the 500, thanks scorrpio....it had some pretty bad reviews on this site but every site has different opinions..with a very wide f2.0 it has to be better at low light with what little I know.....

http://reviews.usa.canon.com/3798redes/21944/powershot-elph-500-hs-reviews/reviews.htm

scorrpio wrote:

Sorry, it doesn't make sense at all. If you want the camera that's usable by others with as little explanation as possible, 500HS fits the bill 100%. Set the switch on top to full auto mode, and shutter button is the only thing that ever needs to be pressed. Camera will automatically look for faces to focus on (and it does a VERY good job), or it will focus on whatever is in the center of the frame. And if needed, any elder should find the large on-screen icons a LOT easier to use than those typical tiny P&S buttons. In short, if my arthritic 84 year old Grandma decided she wants a camera, 500HS would probably be my top choice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow