D3200 Review and Possible D400

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
KnightPhoto2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,304Gear list
Like?
Re: What about a D400E
In reply to Deleted-pending, Jul 27, 2012

I too would prefer a D400E. Affter all, at the high resolution of 24mp on DX, Moire should be a non-issue and certainly less so than on the D800E. And the people buying a D400 are mostly going to be Wildlife and Sports folk, so give us all that E goodness!

And having no OLP filter, you need to sharpen less and therefore reduced noise is a natural outcome.

But I second the original question how good is the D3200 sensor at higher ISOs? I haven't had a chance at doing a detailed analysis - what is everyones impression so far? I just glanced at Imaging Resource with my crappy work monitor and it didn't look too promising at ISO3200 from what I could tell. But maybe that is jpg-only so far?

I've been shooting the D7000 for two years so I know that sensor well enough but I would definitely like a better ISO 1000 to 2000 if it's possible in a crop camera.

Absolutely want the D4 ecosystem to the max feasible in AF speed, tracking, mirror-blackout, fps, etc. Whatever the current architecture is capable of. And Nikon pulease could we have on-sensor PDAF for use in live view?

One comment - don't forget that the Sony 12fps is only 12-bit So... how is NIkon going to achieve anything more than 6fps out of 24mp using expeed3 (which would be roughly the same throughput of the D800 and D4)?

I am not sure what to think about all this.

FTH wrote:

? Could be very interesting.

KnightPhoto2's gear list:KnightPhoto2's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow