Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sanmaj
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Need help...Wedding Photography
Jul 27, 2012

I have been asked by close family to take pictures at the wedding reception of their son. The affair will be inside at a wedding hall. The son and prospective wife have decided on an all-white theme (clothing) for their reception. Both son and prospective wife are Black (wearing all-white clothes, including most of the guest).

It has pretty much been known that taking pictures of Black people wearing all-white clothing presents quite a challenge to the photographer in trying to find the right photographic balance given skin color and white clothing. I will be using a Nikon D700, SB900 flash and 24-120 (f4) and 50mm (1.8) lens, shooting in RAW format. Do you have any recommendations as to ISO (in past I have shot at 1600 with pretty good success), Aperture, Shutter speed, WB, general approach and most of all flash settings (SB900) for this kind of situation. The flash will be mounted on a Really-Right-Stuff bracket

I also use a combination of Lightroom 4, PS CS6 and a host of plug-ins (e.g. NIK, Topaz, OnOne, others) to edit raw files with. I am thoroughly familiar with the use of all software.

I am an amateur photographer and although I have done events and affairs before I would like to get the benefit of your wisdom given this situation.

All suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow