Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ginsbu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,420Gear list
Like?
Re: Travel Tripod - Smaller than this one? BENRO MeFOTO
In reply to mfj197, Jul 27, 2012

mfj197 wrote:

ginsbu wrote:

IMO these worries are overblown. I plan on getting a T-025 to complement a larger tripod, not to replace one. I expect I'll have to learn its limits and when to lug the larger one. But I also expect I'll carry a tripod much more often.

My demands were different - it was to be my main tripod, reasoning being that the camera and lenses are so much lighter than a DSLR that surely I could get rid of my big old Manfrotto. I was right, but the T-025 didn't fulfil that role - the T-1205X did (at only 800g).

In that case, I understand your disappointment completely.

I think for many people, though, neither the T-025 or the T-1205 are really tall enough to serve as a primary tripod. For a primary tripod, I want tall enough to get the camera to eye level without the column extended: for me that's around 55" (my current pod is perfect at 57" + ball head) ā€” and I'm not tall. Happily, there are an growing number of travel-style tripods that will do that; still, they're in the 17ā€“20" folded range and much heavier than the T-025.

ginsbu's gear list:ginsbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow