After Debating For a While....I Pulled The Trigger (E-M5)

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358
Like?
After Debating For a While....I Pulled The Trigger (E-M5)
Jul 27, 2012

As a lifetime DSLR user who recently switched to mirrorless (I own an NEX-7 which I adore), I pulled the the trigger and got my wife the E-M5.

She also got tired of lugging around her DSLR with its heavy lens, and wanted to switch to mirrorless just like I did. She was impressed with my NEX-7 and its image quality. With all these new systems coming out, we were debating for a while about which mirrorless camera she should purchase. She did not want to own the same one as mine (no point in that), and sharing lens is not an issue. I curently only have 2 lens for my NEX-7 (50mm 1.8 and 18-200mm). Furthermore, she is the type to have just one "do it all" walk around lens with her camera.

After going back and forth, asking questions, reading countless reviews and articles, we just ordered a black OM-D E-M5 and 14-150mm lens from Amazon. We are both excited and should receive it tomorrow (thank you Amazon Prime).

We were just skeptical for a while because we have never owned or used a m43's camera before. We have only used APS-C or full frame sensors, so we were doubting the image quality from a smaller sensor and how it would do in higher ISO's. But after seeing image samples and reading the great reviews from the E-M5, we just had to get it to test it out!

Looking forward to add the E-M5 to our camera bag.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow