Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
jadot
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 over exposure problems
In reply to Robin Casady, Jul 27, 2012

Thanks for all the replies on this.
To Clarify:

The over exposure problems and hot highlights were not exclusive to Matrix metering. Sometimes happened in spot, too. And sometimes wildly different from frame to frame.

i.e - the exposure Values were the same, but the image review showed greatly over exposed frames. This has made me think that it's perhaps the shutter not behaving well, but I can't be sure.

In general I had to use dialed in exposure compensation to underexpose and then lift it later in post.

It was bizarre as none of my settings or technique had changed since the last time I'd used the camera, so it was hard to know what was going on.

I have re-installed the firmware since and so far it appears to be OK, but I'm now bringing the light meter with me instead of relying on the camera!

To the guy who asked to see samples with exif: sorry - i just haven't got the time to put anything meaningful together - I appreciate how this could help my cause, just busy busy, and the images are private in this instance. I was just hoping to discover if anybody else had experienced this with the D800 or flag it up if anybody ran into the same problem.

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at http://www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow