ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dominic G Smith
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Winter Wedding - Brides wants 20% discount
Jul 27, 2012

Hi

I've just had an enquiry from a couple (which seems genuine,) for a wedding in January 2013.

She said she loves the pics on the website, her Aunt attended a wedding we photographed and liked how we did it and she is desperate for me to take the pics but only if I agree to a 20% cut on the package she is after because they are on a tight budget and she has had to take the money from elsehwere to pay for it ?????

I emailed back detailing the time involved in shooting digital, the backing up of pics, the prep time fo the website uploading, the actual uploading, the proof book prep time and the final album prep time.

There is a another package closer to the amount she wants to pay and I've suggested this to her, but I haven't heard back yet.

This is the first time that I've had someone try and negotiate a price for their wedding photography, working on the basis I assume, that the prices on the website (which are not excessive,) should be the starting point for a negotiation.

I wouldn't make a loss if I did accept the offer, but obviously my profit margins would be hit and I get the feeling that there would be a lot more asked of me as time went by.

I was just wondering if this was becoming more common in the industry and had anyone agreed to this level of reduction?

http://www.bridalimage.co.uk

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow