EOS-M Who is their target audience???

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
maxxjr
Regular MemberPosts: 341
Like?
Re: EOS-M Who is their target audience???
In reply to Combatmedic870, Jul 27, 2012

My interest:

DSLR shooter who wants a smaller second camera for situations where taking the DSLR kit is not practical, but doesn't want to give up the large sensor. EOS M would not become my main camera.

I would be surprised if this type of use is a major use case for Canon, though.

Thinking about it though, this camera has the option to go "big" with EF lenses or "small". I would say even the Rebel series only has the option to go "big". I allow the possibility that it could become my main-use camera because of that flexibility, and the DSLR becomes the niche-use body.

Ergonomically, my first thought is that the viewfinder on the DSLR allows bringing the camera closer to the body, allowing for better stability in applying the 1/f shutter speed guideline, and will be better for tracking subjects in action shots. In practice, once someone gets used to doing things the "right way", whatever that is with mirrorless, how much of a disadvantage will that really be? Perhaps a question for users of other mirror-less systems...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow