Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
axone
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Upward trend in the prices of legacy lenses
Jul 27, 2012

Since the acquisition of my NEX-5N in early June, I have been looking to buy a legacy lens to play with!

Following this forum for a while, even before buying my camera, I had seen prices of legacy lens that made me dream of getting. However, with the popularity of mirrorless camera like the NEX, I noted a upward trend in prices that sometime makes me think twice before making a move. I have been visiting flea markets, antique shops, and even garage sales!

Laws of economic definitely play a role, but would a potential "overestimation" of the virtues of these lenses also?

Through classifieds, I found yesterday a Canon FD 70-210mm f/4 zoom that sounded good at $60 (if in good shape!), no shipping since I would pick it up myself. This price seems good relatively to other prices I found on the Web, however it is more than the prices I saw in this forum or others like it.

Wonder if I should go pick up that lens to "play with the manual characteristics" or wait to buy a more modern lens (eventually I need a telephoto for my occasional wildlife trip)?

Thanks.

axone's gear list:axone's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow