Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Owashi
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Language switching in 7 Ultimate. Easy?
Jul 27, 2012

I'm thinking of bailing after 8 or 9 years as a Mac user and have been pricing up laptops at a local BTO vendor here in Japan. The only issue I'm worried about ia a language one.

The main reason I got my first imac all those years ago was the ease of switching the OS language. AFAIK XP didn't have it at that time and in Japan you were generally restricted to a Japanese OS unless you lived in a big city with stores used to serving foreigners and where you could buy an PC preinstalled with an English OS. I live in the butt end of nowhere but I really wanted an English OS and Mac seemed the easiest route.

Now 2 i-macs down the line I want to get a laptop but to be honest the Macs are a little too expensive (especially when you start customizing them) so like I say I've been checking out Windows options............

The laptop will come with a Japanese OS and keyboard (of course). If I install Ultimate I can download the English pack and change the OS to English right? All the menus and everything will be only English (after I change the settings)? Is it OK to use this English OS on a Japnese keyboard? I'm assuming the answer to these questions will be yes..............anyone care to chime in with their experiences of changing the language UI on Windows 7 Ultimate?

Owashi's gear list:Owashi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Samsung Galaxy S III +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow