Travel Tripod - Smaller than this one? BENRO MeFOTO

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimLindner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?
I'll second the Velbom
In reply to kevinon, Jul 27, 2012

kevinon wrote:

yep the mentioned Siuri is probably one of the best and king when it comes to weight. Some time ago I wrote about the Velbon UT 43D which is very compact but slightly heavier than the Siuri:

I purchased the Velbon a couple of months ago and I love it. However at full height with a big lens and wind there is some vibration. That's the tradeoff for being able to go from 11.6 to 62". My old tripod was shorter and unable to shoot over fences etc. This is a travel tripod which I bring with me most of the time so I willingly gave up some stability for carry ability.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=velbon+ultrek+ut-43d&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ta

If I am worried about vibration I keep the shutter speeds up and keep OIS on even though the experts tell you to turn it off. If I need more stability I don't extend all the legs.

I modified the quick release plate by removing the top large plate and adding this BlackRapid FastenR-T1 (modified to fit Velbon) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/734696-REG/Black_Rapid_RFH_1E0_FastenR_T1_for_Manfrotto_200PL_14.html so I could keep the quick release plate on my G3 permanently. This allows the use of my BlackRapid strap or tripod and change the battery without removing the plate.

It comes with a carrying case but I mount it on the bottom of my Photorunner 100 case, if I had a larger tripod I couldn't do this.

-- hide signature --

Regards Jim
We All Need Water!

JimLindner's gear list:JimLindner's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow