Handling 3D1 AVCHD files for editing ... and play?

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eagle_I
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670
Like?
Handling 3D1 AVCHD files for editing ... and play?
Jul 27, 2012

I've only dabbled a bit with the .MTS files I find deeply hidden under the PRIVATE subdirectory on the SD cards taking them into Magix Movie Edit Pro MX feeling very UN-confident with what I'm doing.

I've spent most of my limited digital camera video edit time working with 1280x720 .MOV files which I just copy from the SD card to my hard drive. My concern is not knowing anything about all those subdirectories and files that go along with the camera's output of the "streaming" (that's what the directory is called where I find them) AVCHD .MTS files.

Can someone clue me in? What is all the subdirectory and other files stuff that goes along with AVCHD output?

Being a newbie with the 3D1 and 3D video and AVCHD I'm wondering how to manage the good footage and the bad. For .MOV I review what I've shot on the card and only move the good stuff to the hard drive. What's a good method for managing 3D .MTS and the stuff that goes along with them?

Mark

-- hide signature --

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow