Contributing MemberPosts: 507Gear list
Like?
Re: any new FT bodies ?
In reply to JoopN, Jul 27, 2012

JoopN wrote:

gfraser7 wrote:

JoopN wrote:

gfraser7 wrote:

Even Sigma bailed out on four thirds. No more lenses from them. And the other big players in 3rd party lenses, like Tamron and Tokina, were never interested in the first place.

Sigma did stop because they couldn't match the quality of Olympus. They didn't want to guarantee the 300-800 on splash-proof. I already had 2 Sigma's with fungus, not again. What is the use of a splash-proof body if they can be accompanied with lenses same way? Sigma never understood this. Other big players? Both Tamron and Tokina have a difficult time, their catalog is almost the same what Olympus offer with the difference that Olympus is splashproof and both brands are not. So, there is no competition because they can't match the quality of Olympus.

Me thinks you guys over rate Oly glass.

I don't talk rain, I just talk about wet hands, high humidity but not rain. On this I lost two Sigma lenses with fungus. Up to now this is not the case with Olympus, they have rubber sealings on the right place. So I don't know what you mean by overrating Oly glass.

which Sigma lenses did you have? am thinking og the 150-500 with the K5 if no E7 comes very soon.....
--
LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

shutterbobby's gear list:shutterbobby's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM HD Pentax DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow