The RX100 is not a good video camera

Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shield3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
Re: The RX100 is not a good video camera, as test shows
In reply to Markr041, Jul 27, 2012

"Mark041" has started this thread over on AVSforums. In it he shows 3 of the worst still grabs I've ever seen from any camera in the beginning, then goes on to say the A77 shoots "soft" video and calls my nephew chubby (who is 10 years old by the way).

Mark is a great guy.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1419847/sony-hdr-gw77-waterproof-dustproof-shockproof-small-hd-camcorder

Markr041 wrote:

"And I am not sure why you keep comparing it to camcorders anyways. Sony never claimed RX100 to be a camcorder; it just have a very good video mode, which would satisfy most customers, except for a few like you. So for you, the obvious choice is a dedicated camcorder. For others like me, I simply enjoy the freedom of one less gadget to carry around."

An excellent summary: not quite as good as a similarly-priced camcorder, but really quite good, and certainly much better than other still cameras with a video mode.

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow