Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kriekira
Senior MemberPosts: 2,225Gear list
Like?
Just a testimonial for Sony Repair in Laredo
Jul 27, 2012

Short and sweet: I sent my most used lens, the 70-400G, in for repair. After falling off a counter onto a wooden floor(1), it would no longer focus (auto or manual) beyond 8 feet. The minimum repair estimate was $500 (yes, ouch). The lens arrived back, repaired, within ten days. Replaced the stator and the barrel body for the quoted price. Lens works (and looks better). Glad to have it back. Wouldn't hesitate to send another lens (or camera body) in for repair. My thanks to the staff at Sony Repair in Laredo.

(1) A tale with a moral for those interested? Because of injury I was forced to work at home. I was working in the kitchen, where there wasn't enough room. My cat knocked my camera/beanbag, the camera rolled off the beanbag, the lens swung up and over, the camera with lens fell to the floor. I lunged to stop the fall, and further injured my injury. And the moral of the story? Be cautious. Understand the risks present in your environment before proceeding.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow