Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NikonMan09
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Will a new D7000 focus right?
Jul 26, 2012

I am giving some thought to buying a D7000, but I am concerned whether there are sufficiently good odds of getting one where the AF works correctly right out of the box. I rented a D7000 for a weekend last August, and my experience with it confirmed all the negatives about AF performance being posted on this forum at that time. Compared to my D90's and a D300s I was also renting that weekend, I got a lesser proportion of well-focused shots with the D7000, and that was annoying. I have a friend who also contributes to this forum who bought a D7000 around that time and he had to have the AF fixed by Nikon (they did it successfully). I don't want to deal with defective AF issues. What I have been reading on the D1-D800 Forum about the D800 AF problems I find disturbing and a bad reflection on Nikon.

Now that the factory in Thialand where they make the D7000's is back in business, are they making better D7000's than they did before the flood?

Properly functioning AF is extremely important to me.

Best wishes,

Fred
--
Formerly known as MinoltaMan78. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

NikonMan09's gear list:NikonMan09's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow