NEX-5N better than EOS M for everything else

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brian Slater
Regular MemberPosts: 285
Like?
Re: You're right NEX-5N beats the EOS-M hands down
In reply to simon65, Jul 26, 2012

What "sort of people" are they?

Are they the sort of people who care that with the EOS-M they can get the same image quality as owners of the EOS 7D? Do they care about the build quality (alloy frame etc.) Do they care that a stereo mic input is included? Do they care that Canon has made careful design decisions about what to leave off a camera so that it is small, lightweight, and uncomplicated to operate? Are they the sort of people who care that the first prime lens with the EF-M mount is a 35mm equivalent F2?

There are photos around on the web of Canon showing off pre-production EOS-M cameras attached to all of their 60+ EOS lenses. Some say this is laughable. But just knowing you can do that might make some owners of these lenses wonder about having a small second camera that is much smaller than the DSLR they already have, and they might want to add this to their bag.

I think that there is a big disconnect between what Canon thinks about it's new mirrorless cameras and some pundits on this site. Time will tell who got it right.

I have only a single real sample of people who are interested in the EOS-M. And I use raw. 100% so far. At least that is more real data than you have.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow