Do any of you folks own/want a mirrorless camera, and if so

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,593Gear list
Like?
Yes.... and yes
In reply to ARB1, Jul 26, 2012

I own an Olympus EP1, with both kit lenses (17mm and 14-42mm) and a 4/3 to M4/3 adapter. I also own an Olympus E30 and 9 different 4/3 lenses. I also use a Sony A55 for low light photography, since it has that great 16MP sensor, and I like the overall form factor and ergonomics.

Right now, I am on the brink of deciding whether I want to get an OM-D, and sell off all my 4/3 gear.... or simply wait for an Olympus 4/3 E7.

I loved the EP1 because it is essentially a smaller and more portable version of my E30. The files from both cameras are amazingly similar, which is not shocking since they use the same sensor and processing engine.

I want an OM-D because the image quality is so much better, and my camera bag would get a lot lighter. Plus, the lens selection available is truly mouth watering, especially if you like primes. The 12mm, 20mm, 25mm, 45mm, and 75mm are really stunning lenses. And the Pansonic 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses look like outstanding zoom lenses for the most demanding users.

What is holding me back is that I really like using a DSLR. I prefer an OVF, even though I will admit that a good EVF has it's own advantages too. But a DSLR really works best for long lenses.

The OM-D is good enough that it can be your only camera, although my personal preference is to use two cameras... a DSLR for it's wide versatility, and a MILC camera for it's convenience and quality.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow