ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BRUCEK56
Contributing MemberPosts: 814Gear list
Like?
2 hour old 1DX broken!!!
Jul 26, 2012

Hi,

Talk about frustration! I received my 1DX yesterday and was putting it through its paces. After taking out the cf card viewing the pictures I went to put the card back in the camera and close the cf card door.

The card door would not "click" or snap shut! It just dangled and would swing open. Of course the camera would not turn on because the clasp on the door that holds it closed must be engaged for the camera to turn on.

Of course I wanted the camera for this weekend for a big family reunion and block party where I intended to use the camera and familiarize myself with it.

I fiddled with it and finally came up with a poor man's solution. I found if I manually turned the lever used to open the door below the "on,lock,off, switch and THEN closed the cf door at the same time it would snap shut and it was good to go.
Now the kicker!

If I just slightly turn or twist the door latch lever (it has a tiny bit of play) I can turn on and off the camera!!

Obviously I have to send in the camera to Canon on Monday to get it repaired but I am going to take the pictures this weekend with the 1DX. I just have to tape or wedge something to the lever to prevent it from moving to keep the camera on.
It can work.....at least for the weekend shoot.

Of course I will have my (now back-up) 1D Mark lll with me ready to go if I have ANY issues at all with 1DX so I am not really taking any chances.

It is still extremely annoying!

-- hide signature --

BRUCEK56

BRUCEK56's gear list:BRUCEK56's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow