Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffs7
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon Pixma Pro-1 or Epson Pro 3880
Jul 26, 2012

Hello. I am investigating purchasing a "pro" printer for home office proof prints and I cannot decide between the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 and the Canon Pixma Pro-1. I have read as many reviews as I could find, but none of them talked about things like reliability, how finicky the printer is, how quickly it breaks or clogs/jams.

I know the printers have different paper size abilities, but that probably will not be too much of an issue for me. Most of my printing is 8x10 for my own use. I send larger prints and the ones I want higher quality out to a professional printer. If this were your money, which would you choose and why? Do you think the added flexibility of 17" printing worth the wasted ink during a photo to matte conversion (Epson 3880) or the additional inks in the Canon are a worthwhile compromise for smaller cartridges? What about ink consumption? I want to know about the user experience, which I can't get from most professional reviews.

I appreciate any and all information. Thanks!

Jeff

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow