13" MBA, 15" MBP, or one of the new Ultrabooks?

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
rb0321
Contributing MemberPosts: 633Gear list
Like?
Re: 13" MBA, 15" MBP, or one of the new Ultrabooks?
In reply to jfelbab, Jul 26, 2012

Yes, always get Apple Care too but have only needed it on a G3 iBook way back when, left speaker died and battery went bad early. The integrated video on the motherboard crapped out shortly after the Apple Care expired and I almost gave up on Macs at the time. Served in the military too but not long enough to retire, so no ID card. Wonder how you show you are a veteran to get the discount, copy of DD214?

The nearest Apple Store is about an hour away and have Friday off so plan to head over there. My wife wants my 3+ year old 13" MBP and I'm still torn between replacing it with the 13" MBA, 15" MBP or the new retina. They all have their plusses and minuses so it's not clear-cut at all. Where I work I've noticed Windows-based PC's have come a long way since I went Mac a dozen or so years ago, will likely check out some of the new ultrabooks for comparison at Best Buy on the way to the Apple store. Thanks for the feedback.

rb0321's gear list:rb0321's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow