Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aakrusen
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Upgrading from XTi, need help with purchase order
Jul 26, 2012

I have an XTi with the 18-55 kit lens. Based on budget, necessity, and personal desires I have put together a list of components to fill my camera bag properly.

Current plan:
Retain XTi (for now)
Purchase 24-70 2.8
Sell Xti, Purchase 60D
Purchase GlideCam 2000
Purchase 16-35 2.8
Purchase 70-200 4.0

I want good clean pictures without the need of Photoshop. I'm not a rookie but I'm not writing camera reviews either. I want to do HD video and play with video editing and see if the way I see things will entertain people. While a point & shoot will record my son growing up, I want the technical side of photo taking to be covered.

I put the new camera second for too reasons. The XTi won't do video. Also, I want the features like the higher burst count, more ISO settings, better processor, and live view.

Am I headed in the right direction? Do I have my priorities (gear) in the wrong order for my goals? I only want Canon lenses and I want good glass so I'm sticking with the "L" series. Are there other good lenses out that meet my goals? I'm not stuck on the 2.8 wide angle, since most of those shots will be outside, I could do 3.5-5.6 or a 4.0

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow