RX 100 + fast moving Grand Children

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hantra
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: RX 100 + fast moving Grand Children
In reply to GafferAU, Jul 26, 2012

I have a 1 and 3 year old. I've been shooting them with a Nikon D90 their whole life. I just got the RX for the exact reason these guys were alluding to. The wife hates lugging the big SLR, and it is inconvenient.

Having used the RX for a couple weeks, I can say that it would absolutely not be my choice for my only camera with which to shoot my boys. I hoped the 1.8 would make it fast enough, but it just isn't. The autofocus is nowhere near as lightning fast as the SLR, and the continuous focus just isn't. And when the perfect conditions exist and I am focused, I often have plenty of motion blur.

Personally, I find it to be a frustrating camera so far for shooting kids. But again, it's what I'm used to. I've shot more out of focus or blurred shots with this in 2 weeks than I have in 10,000 shots with the SLR.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a pro, and I don't want to spend the time to learn what most of these guys here know. I just love shooting pics of my boys. FWIW.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow