Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pocky
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
rx100 fireworks
Jul 25, 2012

Went to our local fireworks last night. It probably isn't saying much, but these are the best firework photos I have managed. I accidentally shot the photos in RAW - I just converted them with default settings in the Sony software (so slow!!). I was surprised to find that fireworks scene mode produces RAW files. I suppose that all it does is fix an aperture and shutter speed. However, I shot most of the photos in A mode.

I felt that the RX100's small size and weight makes it fun for this kind of thing. I used a gorilla pod tripod. I was shooting in manual focus for the fireworks themselves. The annoyance with the camera was that the focus is lost when the camera is switched off, even in manual focus mode. Could have done with a scale on the LCD to indicate the focus distance too - it's hard to judge it in the dark!

A high iso view of the beach before the start of the fireworks

The following firework shots are somewhat cropped

This last one is a very long exposure, but the girls were sitting so still that I thought I'd give it a go.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow