Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kblaw
Contributing MemberPosts: 576Gear list
Like?
Next Stop: Africa
Jul 25, 2012

I'll be going on a 17-day tour of southern Afirca (South Africa, Bostwana, Zambia and Namibia) in September. The experiment in Iceland with taking extensive video (as well as pictures) was a success, but I am wondering how well that will translate on this African tour. For example, would using a tripod and taking video while on a safari be practical?

Looking for any advice on what equipment to bring and what will work best in the situations I am likely to encounter. For Iceland, I took a slider and a Pico dolly, and had little success with the former and never used the later. So I am not plannnig on bringing them. I also used a Bescor motorzied pan head with reasonalby good results, so I will probably bring that with me. I also brought some equipment for doing time lapse, but I expect that the new Timelapse Plus will be available by the time I go to Afrca. Overall, I am hoping to travel lghter, based on what I learned from the Iceland trip, but I am looking for advice/recommendations.

Any recommendations on lenses would be appreciated as well. I have the two kit lenses, the original Sony 18-200mm, and the ultra wide and fish-eye adapters.

Terry

kblaw's gear list:kblaw's gear list
Sony RX100 NEX5R NEX5R Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow