Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MISTERX
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
IR filter on GXR
Jul 25, 2012

I bought a Voigtlander 15/4,5 from ebay, it is used and came with a filter B+W UV-IR cut. it has a red coating reflection as seen in Leica M8 stuff.

I suppose the seller was using it on a Leica M8 as the Leica was for sale in another auction, I think it was purchased for that camera, I wonder if it has any application on the GXR.
Anyone knows about its application on the GXR body ?
Thanks.

I have been shooting some pictures with the Voigtlander with the B & W filter on it but I do not know if it is necessary for that sensor.

I compared ithe GXR Leica module to the Samsung EX-1 and I get the same quality on pictures taken under the sun, that means good light. the GXR gets a little bit of detail on the hightlight whites. the rest is almost equal in IQ from both cameras.

At this point as the EX-1 had stabilization, the 260 euros I spent on it was the better money spent in photo gear. is better value than GXR +voigtlander. It compares very well to the 5D.

Now I did not purchase the GXR and awaited to a better pixel amount sensor. Not the NEX7 as the lens available are few but somthing with that sensor + Leica mount capabilities.

Of course I did not made any test in low light. perhaps the things change on that situation.
I think Ricoh must upgrade to a sensor of more than 18 Megapixels.

Camera maker are torturing us with APS like sensors squizing us slowly and no one is going to offer a revolutionary change. even canon is starting another boring mirrorless system.
backto the GXR Leica mount, I had many manual focus errors.

The Samsung EX-1 at wide angle gives a little more field of view than the 15mm Voigtlander.

The EX-1 is faster focusing as is autofocus and I got less issues from the EX-1 that from myself manual focusing the Leica lens on the GXR body.

The Voigt..15mm is difficult to focus as is mainly in focus and I can not see any difference.

I must confess I did not open the user manual of the GXR Leica Mount, so I need more testing.
I´ll stick on it to see if it is worth.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow