Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lukeols
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Night shooting noise, Help!
Jul 25, 2012

I am a fairly new owner of an Olympus Epm1. I've been extremely happy with the IQ in almost all of the shots that ive taken so far. I'm still learning every time i take the camera out what works best in each situation, but where i have been stumped so far is when taking some "longer" shots, with shutter times in the 20 second-20 minute range. There seems to be a ton of noise, and when i try to look up example pictures of others in similar situations with the same camera, they are having better results. From what i have been able to gather, the problem could be focusing, sensor heat, incorrect ISO settings, under and over exposure..? It seems that the longer exposure and less light, the more the noise. This makes sense, but how do i fix it? I've tried lots of different combinations of settings, black frame subtraction on and off, auto and manual focus. I'm attaching a few photos that have varying degrees of noise, and i hope that the settings that i used show up with them.

Thanks for any feedback, tips, or advice that you all are willing to give!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow