Now We Know What Priority Challenge Changes Are...

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
inframan
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Now We Know What Priority Challenge Changes Are...
In reply to Slynky, Jul 25, 2012

I'm not sure what part of the link you're referring to but I think 99% of the blame for whatever goes on in the challenges lies with challenge participants, for better or for worse. I've always viewed the challenges as a kind of play area like some shops provide shoppers to keep their kids occupied. With hosts acting as parents. It's up to the parent/host to keep the kids in line, otw DPR can always just close up the play area at their discretion.

Seems the forums & challenges have pretty much devolved into bitter sparring matches over the last couple of years. I don't hold DPR at fault for this at all. They still provide the best info on new photography gear & software.

Slynky wrote:

... http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/24/dpreview-site-updates-new-features

Of course, this is no surprise given the times we've been told the challenge feature brings little traffic to the site (and traffic is what it's all about).

Sigh...
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

inframan's gear list:inframan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D5300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow