Good bag for the EM5

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kschles
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Good bag for the EM5
In reply to Starred, Jul 25, 2012

Like many of you, I have more than one bag. I switch them out depending on my mood and needs. I'd like to bring some attention to a unique bag that has not been mentioned in this thread yet, the Bare Bones Bag Evolution (BBBE):

http://www.indianhillimageworks.com/catalog/camera-bags/the-bare-bones-bag-evolution-bbb-e

Stephen Schaub designed the bag to be light and suited for rangefinder and mirror-less camera systems. He partnered with Courierware in Vermont, which actually makes the bags.

I have and use a Domke F-803 and a Billingham Hadley Pro, both of which I like a lot. The BBBE is different. It has some padding, but not alot. It is very small and light (about 16oz), but still manages to hold my E-M5 with 14-45, Panny 100-300, Panny 20, and Oly 45; along with accessories. It will also hold an Ipad. When fully loaded the bag is still incredibly light weight. Schaub thinks too many camera bags have unnecessary padding and are too large for their purpose. I love the light weight of the BBBE, but realize it might not offer as much protection as some other bags. Depends on your needs and how you use your equipment.

Ken S

Kschles's gear list:Kschles's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow