Samsung still have a mountain to climb

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
MGJA
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree - petty dpr
In reply to wootpile, Jul 25, 2012

wootpile wrote:

I agree - it is just DPR's way of indicating to Samsung that they are displeased at not getting a review camera. I understand dpr staff may be frustrated but it is a petty and malferous way to go about a business.

Swallow the pride and ask for one. One simple phonecall to Samsung is all it takes.

That is not how things work. First in class influential review sites - which dpreview certainly is for enthusiast photography - do not beg from manufacturers to pretty please send them samples to review. Neither should dpr be spending their time that way - they have enough on their table w/out doing Samsung marketing's work. If Samsung is so stupid/lazy/inept/indifferent (take your pick) as to not send review samples to premier sites, that tells us something about how seriously they take their camera products right there and then.

And I say that as someone who's enjoying his EX1 very much. But at this point I would not invest in the NX system, because I don't believe Samsung intends to invest in it either.

As for the EOS-M, so far it looks like a real disappointment. Their one chance to differentiate themselves was the AF - Nikon 1 speeds and tracking with an APS-C sensor on an MILC would be very interesting indeed, but from what we've seen so far, it doesn't seem to deliver. Unless it turns out the AF really is head and shoulders above Olympus and Panny, like the N1, there's precious little else of interest in this new body, unless you're a old Canon shooter with heaps of legacy EOS glass. In every other respect - viewfinder, articulation, external controls - it's decidedly mediocre or below par. Pity. I had high hopes that Canon would use their long wait to really show us how it's done.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow