For those who've used Fuji x100....

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
PapaRappa
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Re: For those who've used Fuji x100....
In reply to KwhyChang, Jul 25, 2012

Here are my thoughts (you can check out my gear page in my profile to see my current and past gear):

The x100 had way too many usability quirks for me to ever really fall in love with it. The image quality was far and away better vs the 12mp olys of the time but focus speed, auto focus distance, even menu quirks like how you had to turn autofocus on and off, were eventually deal breakers for me. There were other quirks too. But man, that image quality...

The E-M5 greatly closes the gap in image quality, you can use the compare tool here on DPReview to see for yourself. I think you'd find the E-M5 to be a much more responsive camera (even with the "supposedly" slow focusing 20mm) and much better sorted out as a photographic tool. It was enough for me to divest all my previous gear and go solely m4/3. On two recent trips, the image quality, photo taking experience, and size/weight of my kit made me think that I've made a wise decision.

Good luck with your decision.

-- hide signature --

PapaRappa

PapaRappa's gear list:PapaRappa's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Olympus E-1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow