FZ150 RAW Questions

Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 3,662Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ150 RAW Questions
In reply to MaartenSFS, Jul 25, 2012

MaartenSFS wrote:

I am actually fortunate to be living here for years and will soon go back and try again. The place is just so epic that it merits going back time and time again.

Since you have the luxury of returning, you have time to prepare! Take a tripod and try several different things: different exposures (varying both aperature and shutter speeds), bracketed exposures, Creative Scene Modes (HIGH DYNAMIC, MINIATURE EFFECT, EXPRESSIVE, HIGH KEY), even flash fill. A ND or polarizing filter can slow the shutter speed and may help smooth out the water fall. Heck, even try the HANDHELD NITE SHOT to see what you get from the in-camera image stacking. And, shoot RAW+JPEG - just in case you can get better results through RAW processing. You may be a RAW novice today, but if you start to get better results in the future, at least you'll have these RAW files to process later.

Looking forward to what you get and what you feel worked best for this unique situation! Oh, and don't forget to take some HD video while your there!

Unfortunately, it will have to wait as my wife's due date is Thursday.

I suspect your due date is Thursday as well - hope everything goes flawlessly!

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow