Nikkor 85/1.4g an expensive dog on the D800?

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
waynemahon
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Nikkor 85/1.4g an expensive dog on the D800?
In reply to gatorowl, Jul 25, 2012

Well when I do a search for "Nikon Review" I found this guy that says.... lol j/k

Listen, with $1000 difference you should borrow or if need be rent both lenses and see what you find to have better results for you. Even with those who deem themselves "Pro", there are going to be differences in who thinks what is better. For $1000 I will trust my own eye. Maybe even after you shoot your shots post for peoples input (without the model specified) and see what you get.

I personally love my 1.4G. My portraits with this lens not only come out stunningly clear, there is just something about them that amaze me. I can definalty tell you which ones were shot with this as oppose to my 35mm. But to be honest, at my experience level I am not sure that I would be able to see a big difference between the 85 1.4 and the 85 1.8 and I never will cause I will never give up this lens. Even If I have to sell my camera body, I will keep this lens, and cuddle it and love it and .... sorry.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow