Does monitor anti glare coating hender PP, Removing AG coating ??

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Central Fla
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Does monitor anti glare coating hender PP, Removing AG coating ??
Jul 25, 2012

Visiting a friend I found her cheap laptops glossy screen looked ten times better than my brand new U2312HM IPS panels. The clarity and vivid color made the images pop. I couldnt stop think about anything else until I got home and wondered why my images were so boring. The Dells AG coating is killing colors and clarity. But I have to ask glossy panel owners if that would be good or bad for post processing ? Glare is not a problem in my computer room. I prefer glossy prints. Sometimes what you end up with as a print is different than what is on the monitor.

The process of removing the AG coating is a crazy adventure of dissassembly and wet paper towels layed across the dissassembled screen for up to 12 hours. It is believed that the newer the screen the better because heat has not permantly set the adheasive. Even if I am successful, I would think the unprotected screen is susceptible to damage and scratches and others have written of fractures caused by cleaning a hot screen with cold water.

Do you PP with a glossy panel ? have you ever removed AG ?

Thanks for any insight.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow