Water for Mostly Lurking

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
FDecker
Contributing MemberPosts: 753
Like?
Fair enough Øyvind...
In reply to yvind Strm, Jul 25, 2012

... and sorry, I didn't intend to make a big deal out of that. But you know, many discussions here have quickly turned from technical discussions into personal ones. My fear was that a thread with a name tag on it will make it even worse.

But I get and accept your point. No problem!

Regards,
Frank

yvind Strm wrote:
Hello

Did I try to make fun of him? I appologize if it came out that way.

Mostly Lurking started a new thread (instead of replying in the appropriate thread)
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1027&message=42050451

I wanted to reply to his post where he writes:

Some of the posts in my 'SandyF found proof that I'm right, but thinks it proves me wrong' thread are so ridiculous, irrelevant, or inapplicable to photography that I find them laughable. (Yes, out of curiosity I've snuck---past tense of sneak---back and taken a look at what transpired since I left it.) Again referring to the old saying, 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink', not only have none of you made me drink, you haven't even led me to the water.

As much as I like to reply in the thread in question, it was locked by administrators.
Therefore I had to start a new.

William claims that I, among others, has not been able to lead him to the water. He does not name me, but I have tried several times in the original thread to explain how things work, and since none of my efforts has convinced me, I must be one of those who, in his view, has failed to lead him to the water.

Therefore I think I am entitled to claim that in my view, we led the water right in front of him.

It was not for making fun of William, just using his analogy. But I should maybe not have done it, and again I appologize if anyone was offended.

The rest of my post was a constructive attempt to describe what makes it impossible to reach consensus on this matter.

FDecker wrote:

jrdigitalart wrote:

... only a bit of harmless fun instigated by a really nice guy.

And for what it's worth, the use of water as an example is rather appropriate, as it and the Lurker can both be quickly brought to the boil.
--
Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

... do you really think that it is Ok to open a thread with a name on it just to make fun of someone?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow